Hi guys!! Wow it has been a while since I shared a post on here, and I’m pretty excited to be back sharing with you! I definitely missed you all, and I hope you had a great holiday season! I’m going to chat a bit more about this at the end of the post, but I just decided to give myself the holiday season off to reflect a bit about the blog, and my business, and the direction I’d like to take things.
But for now, I have a brand new video to share with you guys, showing you all sorts of fun stuff I got for Christmas this (last?) year! I was absolutely loving watching everyone else’s ‘What I Got for Christmas’ videos over on YouTube, and so I decided to make one myself. I hope you like getting a little peak into my Christmas, and maybe find a new product or two you’d like to add to your own wishlist!
Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase one of the products I recommend using these links, I will make a teeny, tiny commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps keep Label Me Merrit running 🙂
I had a truly amazing Christmas this year. It was the first Christmas since I got engaged, and so it was the first Christmas Melissa and I spent the entire day together. Normally we split up the night before, to spend Christmas Eve and Day with each of our families separately.
This year, we did Christmas morning at the apartment for the first time, which was super fun, and then went to each of our parents’ houses for a few hours throughout the rest of the day. It was so much fun, and I was so excited to start celebrating holidays as our own real little family, and forming our own holiday traditions and memories!
I’m so excited to share this small part of my Christmas with you guys. I hope you enjoy getting a little peak into my Christmas, and enjoy seeing what was under my Christmas tree!
If you’re having trouble viewing the embedded video player, click here to be taken directly to the video on YouTube.
Products & Shops Mentioned
- Large Perforated Mint Kikki.K : http://bit.ly/1RBvFTD
- Sugar Paper x Target Monthly/Notes Planner : http://bit.ly/1SaMBBH
- Gold Binder Clips : http://bit.ly/1UFIwn0
- Patterned Push Pins : http://bit.ly/1MZMst5
- White Diamond Signature PenGems : http://bit.ly/1IWrnVE
- Cupcake Charm by ShaeBooCraft : http://etsy.me/1ObpMtT
- CuteByDesignCo Paperclips : http://etsy.me/1LC8tDi
- Enchanted Forest Coloring Book : http://amzn.to/1IWrDnt *
- Clarisonic Mia 1 : http://amzn.to/1SGwJqb *
- Covergirl XL Nail Gel : http://amzn.to/1RBxfVq
- Solid BlenderCleanser : http://amzn.to/1OYDPQR
- Moroccanoil Weightless Hydrating Mask : http://amzn.to/1Oj8ady
- Kate Spade Dainty Sparklers Bow : http://bit.ly/1VULc1n
- Engagement Mug by UncleJesses : http://etsy.me/1MZNMfD
- Ceramic Elephant Ring Holder by Claylicious : http://etsy.me/1RsFKnq
- Williams Sonoma Double Hemstitch Napkins in Red : http://bit.ly/1ZjlhFV
- Diamond Ring Bottle Opener : http://bit.ly/1OH8rdW
- Incase Protective Laptop Sleeve : http://amzn.to/1MZOucB
- iBenzer MacBook Pro Case & Silicone Keyboard Cover in Turquoise : http://amzn.to/1narsel
Ok so now I’d like to chat a bit with you guys about my thoughts for the blog in 2016. One of the reasons I gave myself a break for most of December, was because blogging had started to feel like a chore. I was starting to really dread working on posts, and was doing it more out of obligation than pleasure. I just lost a bit of the passion and excitement I used to have for creating content for my blog.
That being said, I absolutely knew that I had no intention to give up this blog. I have worked so hard to create what is Label Me Merrit, and I still absolutely love what I do and what I have built. I just knew I needed to change a few things to start feeling inspired again.
So for 2016 I’m going to play around with making some changes, and see where that takes us. I already have a few things planned out that I can’t wait to share with you once their ready. Everything else is going to be a bit of trial and error to find what truly works for me and my brand.
I mentioned a bit in the video about focusing more on building my YouTube channel, and scaling back a bit on stand alone posts. I have been having a ton of fun creating video content (and it really seems like you guys have been liking what I’ve shared so far) and so I want to focus more of my time on creating awesome videos for you guys.
I would absolutely love to hear your guys’ thoughts on all of this. After all, I do all of this because I love sharing with you, and I want to make sure you’re happy with how and where and what I’m sharing. So let me know what you think in the comments below 🙂
I hope you enjoyed seeing what I got for Christmas, and hearing about my thoughts and plans for the future of Label Me Merrit. I really can’t wait to see what 2016 brings! I also want to say a quick thank you for all you guys have done to help get Label Me Merrit to where it is today. I truly could not be more grateful, you guys have made it possible to build and live my dream and I love you all so much for it! <3