I wanted the card and tag to coordinate, but not match exactly. So I made sure to use a couple of coordinating elements on both of them. I decided on a mainly pink color scheme, with a few touches of gold.
I thought I’d give you guys a quick step by step tutorial on how I made this card and gift tag, so you can create ones for yourself if you’re in need of a quick card for a bridal shower, birthday or whatever! The beauty of these cards is you can tweak a couple elements (color, word choice, embellishments) here and there to fit whatever event the card is meant for!
How to make Bridal Shower card:
- Cut six strips of patterned paper or washi tape in various lengths and widths
- Trim the ends of your paper strips into a variety of banner, straight or pointed ends
- Attach patterned strips down the right side of card, slightly overlapping each other
- Wrap a thick piece of ribbon around the center of your card, securing ends on the inside of the card
- Using your Silhouette, cut out the letters ‘congrats’ (or any sentiment you’d like) and attach cut-out to ribbon using foam dots
- Embellish using two flowers (attached with foam dots) and one button, or any other mix of embellishments you’d like
- Enjoy your finished card!
How to make Bridal Shower gift tag
- Place a strip of washi tape along the end of your gift tag, and trim off excess
- Hand letter recipient’s name on blank part of tag
- Attach flower (or embellishment of your choice) to upper corner of gift tag
- Attach tag to present using ribbon
- Enjoy your finished gift tag!